- Equal starting conditions. Both players get the same sets, cards or levels.
- Fair matching. You can only play against opponents that have a similar skill-level.
- Free selection of opponents. It's you who chooses whom you want to play with.
Game rules Cleopatra's Pyramid
Cleopatra's Pyramid is an exciting variation of the card game "Solitaire". Your task is to get rid of as many cards as possible in as few moves as possible.
The Playing Board
- There are a total of 52 cards and 1 joker.
- At the start of the game, some of the cards are uncovered, forming different pyramids on the playing field.
- Underneath the uncovered cards at the bottom left, you can find the remaining cards which are hidden as well as the uncovered playing card and the joker card.
Object of the Game:
- Begin at the bottom and build the card pyramid as soon as possible.
- The more cards you collect in one series (without uncovering another card from the stock pile), the more series points you will receive.
- The next level is reached once you have cleared all uncovered cards from the playing field.
How to Play:
- To remove a card from the pyramid, its value must be exactly one more or one less than the value on the current, face-up playing card at the bottom of the screen.
- The cards belong in the following order: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace, 2, 3, ... Exp: If the current playing card is a Jack, then you could remove a 10 or a Queen from the pyramids.
- You can only remove cards that are not covered by any other cards. You can recognize which cards are free through the color of the cards. Free cards are lighter and cards which cannot be played are darker.
- When there are no more suitable cards in the pyramid, click on the stock pile at the bottom of the screen. Flip through the cards until you find a card with which you can play further.
- Once you have successfully cleared the entire pyramid, a new level will begin and you will receive new cards.
- The game ends when there are no more possible moves or when your time runs out.
- When you lay the joker on the discard pile, you can place any card onto it, and thus work your way out of a tricky situation.
- Careful! You are only given one joker per level, so make sure that you use it appropriately.
- You can also use the joker to increase the length of a series. Using a joker does not interrupt a series.
- Remove a card from the pyramid by clicking on it with the left mouse button. If the card is playable, then it will light up and will automatically move to the waste pile.
- To look through the cards in the stock pile, simply click on the card lying on to the top of the pile. Once you click the card, it will automatically be uncovered and placed on top of the waste pile.
- Attention! You can only click through the stock pile once. Once you have uncovered all cards, you cannot go back through them.
- If you would like to quit the game early, then click on the button at the top, right-hand side of the screen that says "End Game".
Time, levels and points
- Time: You have a maximum of 3 minutes to play.
- Levels: There is a total of 3 levels. You reach the next level once you have cleared all cards from the pyramids. The game is completed if you manage to clear all cards on the third level.
- Points: Your points increase each time you remove a card from one of the pyramids. You receive 500 points for each cleared card.
- Series: A series is formed if you clear more than one card from the playing field without having to use one of the hidden cards. The more cards you clear in a series, the more series points you receive: For the first card in the series you receive +100 points, for the second +200 points, for the third +300 points, for the fourth +400 points etc.
- Time bonus: If you manage to complete the duel with time remaining, you receive bonus points. You receive 30 bonus points for each second remaining.
Strategies and Tips:
Consider all of the possible moves that you could make before removing any cards from the pyramid.
You will receive more points for removing multiple cards in a single series. Therefore, you should always make sure you include cards in your series that might easily be overlooked (cards that are lying in a higher row).
Speed is not the most important factor for winning points. You will win more points for skillfully working your way through the pyramid, rather than by quickly working your way through.
The joker could be the key to your success because using it does not end a series. Therefore, you could use the joker to lengthen a series and accumulate even more points.
You may use the joker early in the game in order to not waste too many cards from the stock pile. The game is over once all of the cards in the stock pile have been used.